Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Hi Everybody! Yes I am still alive!

I've been in my bed for a good week with symptoms of Dengue Fever. It started Friday, April 10th with fever, severe headache and neck/head pain, nausea & vomiting. The fever continued on and off for a few days with total body joint pain. Went to the hospital on Saturday and they tested me for malaria and then I waited for the only doc on duty that day. Got tired of waiting and so went home to sleep. Sunday a friend brought me back to the hospital and that doc said that it was probably dengue fever and to come back on Tuesday so they can do a blood test. So I tried to force fluids and take tylenol. Tuesday rolled around, the doc did bloodwork and they gave me about 1 liter of IV fluids & told me that I had a severe kidney infection. I was there from 8am to 4pm and went home with antibiotics.

All of the symptoms didn't add up to a severe kidney infection so I went to another hospital. They did bloodwork & it all came up negative for infection. The doc was pretty sure that I had dengue fever based on my symptoms and that rest and tylenol was the only treatment. Recovery time can take up to a month, so I'm praying sooner than later.

How am I feeling now? Well, my head feels swimmy and I get headaches on and off. My appetite is fine, but I feel weak and have no energy.

Thankfully my Mom is here for a week and she has been an incredible blessing for me and my girls. There have also been major hands helping for the first week I was sick as well. Thank You God for supplying my needs during this time!

Take care,

Mish


No comments:

Post a Comment